Monday, March 11, 2013

Secret Messages, Part 2

This article talks about how Jack Andraka's parents encouraged his creativity from a young age. The last two points impacted me because they are where I fail the most:
* Live outside the box
* Innovation comes from discontent

I've been re-examining my parenting this week and coming up with some hard-to-face truths. These are a few more of my disconnects:


Heart message - it's okay to be different, or to look at things differently.
Subtext - conform. 

Heart message - persevere.
Subtext - the task you have designed for yourself is impossible and it's upsetting you, so give up.

Please, Lord, help me to re-align my heart, my words, and my actions so that Raccoon hears one message, the one You want him to know. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment