Sunday, December 2, 2012

My FlyLady Challenge Begins

She calls them 31 Beginner Baby Steps, but I figured if I rephased it, I'd be more likely to do it - kind of like a cleaning NaBloPoMo. She says, "Our FlyLady system is all about establishing little habits that string together into simple routines to help your day run on automatic pilot." I'm not sure if this will actually work for me, or if December is the best time to start, but carpe diem.

So yesterday, Day 1 - Shine your sink. Of course this is just a sneaky way of saying do the dishes before bed so you wake up to a clean kitchen.

Mission accomplished.

Today, Day 2 - Get dressed to lace-up shoes when you first get up in the morning, including doing your hair and face.

This one I'm not sure about, since I frequently go back to bed if I can. Raccoon only sleeps about 7 hours a night (and still wakes up in the middle), so my husband - a morning person - often lets me have a little more sleep after I get Raccoon settled with his breakfast and cartoons. Also, neither Raccoon nor I wear shoes inside. Therefore I shall modify this to:

Day 2 - Get dressed (including hair, face, and teeth) every morning and pick out my shoes for the day.

This isn't much of a change since I already do it (mostly), but if I could just get these habits to stick with Raccoon. Currently, any one of those 4 things is like trying to fight WWIII. We'll see how it goes.

Tomorrow, Day 3 - Explore the FlyLady's BigTent group. I watched the welcome video and clicked on a few tabs. I honestly wasn't that impressed with the way it navigates, but what I'm mostly interested in are the daily e-mails, which have all the content of the "news" section anyway.

Because this is a cumulative challenge, my daily list now looks like:

1) Shine your sink.
2) Get dressed in the morning.
3) Read the FlyLady e-mails.

Stay tuned for Days 4-8, coming on Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment