Monday, April 29, 2013

Update on Bun-Bun

Much has happened. My BIL and SIL decided not to pursue Bun-Bun after all, but as it turns out, several other families stepped forward. However, each of them was interested in adoption. When the mother was approached again to confirm that she wanted to place her daughter with a foster family and possibly adoption, her answer was an adamant no. She decided instead to send her daughter back to the U.S. to live with her mother, who is also caring for her three older children. In the end, all of my angst was for naught.

Or was it? Bun-Bun's story confirmed that my heart is still there, in foster care or adoption. I had convinced myself that my dream was dead and a new dream would come. I think Bun-Bun's gift to me was the truth that it is still my dream, but it is not time yet. I may never bring another child into my home, but one day I believe that I will help children like Bun-Bun, somehow.

Habakkuk 2:3 "But these things I plan won’t happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." (NLT)

No comments:

Post a Comment