Tuesday, April 16, 2013

On Being Afraid

Horrible events like the Boston Marathon bombs bring home the truth that there is evil in this world. There is no way to keep all of our loved ones safe all of the time. Nightmares happen. As a mother, my heart is walking around outside my body, waiting to be yet hoping that it won't be broken. Loving someone else makes us so vulnerable, yet also incredibly strong. We do things for others that we would never do for ourselves. 

Someday, when Raccoon or Robin ask me why bad things happen, I will probably say, "I don't know. I just don't know." But what I do know is that this world is not my home, nor theirs. It is a daring experiment gone terribly wrong, but allowed to continue because there is redemption coming. Even though I don't know why, I trust that it all counts. When we're on the flipside it will profoundly matter.

Someone asked the question on International Women's Day, "What would you do if you weren't afraid." Mama CEO

Love more. Be open. And finish what I've started.

No comments:

Post a Comment