Thursday, January 24, 2013

Something Else

“Often when you think you're at the end of something, you're at the beginning of something else.”
~ Fred Rogers

I saw this quote here, and it captures so well what I feel at this moment. I am treasuring these last few days with just Raccoon, yet looking forward to meeting Robin as well. Push and pull. Change and balance.

During this pregnancy, I have let go of many dreams I had in the past. My family is not going to look like I imagined it, and that's okay. My life's purpose isn't what I thought it was, and that's okay. I won't be doing much else besides family for the next few years, and that's okay too. By letting go of these things, I am opening my life up life for new dreams to grow.

I was reading another little boy's birth story, and something his mother wrote impacted me, "My body was ready, but my mind put its foot down... The mind can affect labor and birth in monumental ways." Honestly, I thought Robin would have come by now, but maybe my body knows that my mind isn't as ready as I think.

I chose a motto for my pregnancy today, a little late, but still helpful:

Strength for today (a prayer).
Robin is healthy and beautiful.
Once she is here, we won't know how we ever lived without her.

No comments:

Post a Comment