Sunday, January 27, 2013

Dear Grama and Grampa

Hello! I can't wait to see you a week from tomorrow. Since I haven't seen you in almost a year, I wanted to let you know a few things.

Right now, everything is a BIG deal to me - losing a toy, needing a drink, trying to do something just so - and I have a flair for the dramatic.  Please accept all the action with serenity if possible. It's okay to tell me gently to calm down, that we'll work it out.

I am very particular but can't always explain what I want or why. Don't be afraid to ask my mom or dad how I like things. I may freak out anyway; I have trouble with change sometimes and I am still very intense. The good thing is that I will talk a lot more, once I figure out that you understand English.

We are a late night AND early morning family. I still don't sleep much. If you need to disappear and nap or just take a break, that's totally fine. Daddy frequently slips off at night and mommy sometimes tries to get in an extra nap in the morning. We gave you the back room so that you can get enough sleep, even if they don't. I am perfectly happy with 7 hours a night and a 2 hour nap, I can't figure them out but I'm used to it now.

I'm fully potty-trained but sometimes I'm in a hurry, so when you go to the bathroom, watch where you step.

I'm not used to people understanding my English, so I might say rude things every now and then. Sorry.

My mommy still gives me too many choices, and my daddy doesn't give me any, so you'll have to find your own way with that if we're on our own.

Love,
Raccoon



Inspired by this post over at A Quiet Week in the House.


No comments:

Post a Comment