Thursday, December 5, 2013

Am I Deliriously Happy?

I was rereading some posts I wrote in May when I was freshly back in the U.S. I wanted to be deliriously happy (#9), and you know what? For the most part, things have been good. But one of my most frustrating traits (or a bonus occasionally), is that I always want more, or am looking for more.

Then I reread my post on being a special needs parent and I could see how far we've come. Raccoon now happily goes to Sunday School for an hour, preschool twice a week for 150 minutes, and he has walked next door (by himself under my watchful eye) many times and voluntarily spent time alone with his grandparents. He has gone to the park and out for pizza for several hours with his grandpa. He has gone Christmas tree shopping with his Grama, Grandpa, and cousins. And I now ride in the front seat of the car.

Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment