Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Rocky Road

Nope, not the ice cream. I'm referring to what marriage is like. Sometimes you have a gorgeous view, and sometimes you feel like you're about to fall off the edge. (It's not just me, right?)

I've been seeing personality profiles from here going around on Facebook, and since I love type talk, of course I had to check it out. It's based on the Myers-Brigg types but gives them different titles. I am the "Dreamy Idealist." My husband is the "Dynamic Thinker."

This is from my description regarding relationships: "Due to their high demands on themselves and others, this personality type tends however to sometimes overload the relationship with romantic and idealistic ideas to such an extent that the partner feels overtaxed..." (italics mine)

And this is from his: "Normally, for Dynamic Thinkers, a partnership only takes second place after their profession. But they like to have someone at their side who is a match for them intellectually, with whom they can pursue mutual objectives and have interesting discussions all night long; preferably factual discussions - sentimentalism and romance are not their thing." (italics mine)

When we were first married, I agonized over this. Now I just laugh. So, so true.

This is why our marriage will always be an adventure. But when we get things right, it is sweet, sweet indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment