Sunday, December 1, 2013

Celebrate!

I am so excited that today is the first day of December. I am doing something special for Raccoon and Kitty for Advent this year, a small gift each day until Christmas, and hopefully we'll be lighting some candles as well.

There is so much for me to celebrate this year - freedom in Christ (I think this is the first year that I've truly appreciated the full meaning of that phrase), being with my family, still living next door to my parents, the faithfulness of those who support our work, and even our approaching return to South America in the new year. The biggest lesson I've learned in this season of my life is to accept that there is purpose in the process.

I have begun to think of my Word of the Year for 2014. Peace has been a good one for this year, carrying me through many, many changes. I was going to choose Dream, but I don't think it's quite time for that, maybe 2015. I'm leaning towards Accept, but I like to keep things open until the last minute. Other contenders: Stay, Celebrate, Savor... 

p.s. And I finished NaBloPoMo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment