Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Different Kind of Bucket List

Procrastination breeds its own stress.

* go to the dentist
* get your wisdom teeth pulled
* meet with the accountant
* make a legal will
* make any phone calls you have been dreading
* forgive the person you need to forgive
* get those pants hemmed
* take the used books to a consignment store
* have a full medical exam done
* apply for life insurance
* take your vehicle in for a tune-up
* take a deep breath and have the confrontation you have been avoiding

Check off any other tasks on your mental to do list. This will free up head space and time.
-  Sharla Kostelyk


This list brought to mind some relationships that have been on my mind for years, but are still broken (at least from my point of view). I wrote some letters, asking for forgiveness and hoping to start things on the road to mending, but I am not sure if I will actually send them. It was late at night so I was brutally honest and in the light of day my courage is waning. I put out a fleece. If they give me their addresses, I'll mail them; if not, I'll burn them. I was surprised how good it felt just to write them and finally say what's been on my heart.

The only thing I don't need to do on this list is the vehicle tune-up (thanks honey!).

No comments:

Post a Comment