Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Biggest Loser

Okay, okay, I confess. During the month of April, I spent any free time I had (mostly when I should have been sleeping), watching several seasons of The Biggest Loser. I know that the show has many critics (risky weight-loss, yelling trainers, etc), but I still felt myself drawn to the stories. It resonates with me that each of the contestants wants a fresh start.

Today I am beginning my new life. If all goes as planned, we arrived in WA at 10:30 am and are now driving to our fully furnished home with my parents. Since I don't know when I will post next, I leave you with these:

Some weight-loss tips that I'm accumulating for myself (in random order):

1) Find my wake up call, then implement a skill set - based on Jillian. Photos of myself are usually what motivate me to lose those extra pounds.

2) I am responsible for giving the gift of health and fitness to my child - based on Bob

3) Plan ahead and work out before you eat extra calories - Shay, Season 8

4) Go to bed hungry - One of Bob's Skinny Rules

5) Much can be done in one week - Me

6) It's easier to keep it off than to try to lose it all again - Me

7) It's not just diet, but a lifestyle, finding the balance that works for me - Me

8) It's not about how quickly the weight comes off, it's about keeping the scale going in the right direction, because then you will get there, eventually - based on Courtney, Season 11

9) My weight is like a happy-o-meter. When life is good, I take care of myself and naturally weigh less, but when I am unhappy or lonely, I gain weight. (With the exception of being happily pregnant, but there is no more of that in my future). I plan to be deliriously happy in the States. Spring, long summer days, being close to my family, having a house all my own, watching my babies grow, renewing my marriage... these are the flowers in my happy bouquet.




No comments:

Post a Comment