Friday, November 23, 2012

Foody Friday

On Sunday, I didn't know what to offer Raccoon for supper, so I ended up doing one thing at a time. Surprisingly, it worked really well. First he drank some freshly squeezed orange juice, then he at a large piece of fish, then he ate half an apple and a few pieces of avocado. The avocado is new and I put it on the plate with his apple just for exposure. I was so surprised he actually ate it 3 of 4 pieces!! Later he at some of my rice and hamburger, which is also new and only acceptable sporadically.

I usually put everything on separate plates, but on his little table all at the same time. I think I'll try the progressive dinner idea more often.

The good news is that Raccoon has gained a pound this month, despite being sick for most of it. He weighs 29 pounds, so we're almost into the 30s!!! He weighed 21 pounds as a one year old, so it has taken us a loooooong time to get here.

And I just have to say, seeing him sit down and eat a good meal, without a single "No thank-you, Mama," is a wonderful, wonderful thing.





Foody Friday is my way of sharing the struggles and joys of having a resistant eater, the category way beyond picky.

No comments:

Post a Comment