Sunday, November 4, 2012

Orphan Sunday

I had a different post scheduled for today, but upon discovering that today is Orphan Sunday, I knew that was more important.

For a very eye-opening post about orphans in need, go here. One of my favorite explanations (also from that same blog) is this: "We are not all called to adopt children. But the Bible is as clear as daylight--we are commanded to care for the orphan (James 1:27). "Caring" looks different for every single one of us. Some are called to go. Some are called to help. Some are called to support. Some are called to encourage. And some are called to give!"

Even though my heart wishes to do more, for today I am trying to spread the word and also praying for the many children I know of who are waiting for families.

No comments:

Post a Comment