Saturday, December 10, 2011

Honesty & Love

I thought I wanted to write about some enrichment ideas I have for Raccoon, but it turns out that what is really on my heart is the niggling feeling that there is more going on with him than I know.

I love my son. Fussy baby. I love my son. High need infant/child. I love my son. Strong-willed. I love my son. Energetic. I love my son. Persistant. I love my son. Sensitive. I love my son. Stubborn. I love my son. Challenging. I love my son. Unpredictable. I love my son. Curious beyond all reason. I love my son. Spirited. I LOVE MY SON.

Although some parts of our lives need a solution, the negative is not bigger than the whole. The negative things may get a lot of time in the spotlight, but the director of our play is Love. Honesty does not equal unlove. With all that in mind, I still need some answers and ideas for coping/overcoming, because there are many things in our lives right now that are NOT working. As a friend of mine describes it as, "Life is hard, but not bad."

Next on my reading list is Raising Your Spirited Child: A Guide for Parents Whose Child is More Intense, Sensitive, Perceptive, Persistent, Energetic by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka. Then I want to read Not Just Spirited: A Mom's Sensational Journey With Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD) by Chynna T. Laird.

I'm not sure where this journey is going to take us. Stay tuned.


5/20/13 ETA - I just placed the first book on hold at the library.



   

No comments:

Post a Comment