Saturday, December 1, 2012

Muddy Joy

In my journal, I whine write too much about the hard things. I won't lie, they are there. But I also want my child(ren) to know the wonder that I felt watching them grow up. Things like Raccoon's hand searching for me in the night (Mama?) and his sleepy contentment simply to be in my presence.

 
Yesterday there was magic amidst the mundane; I want to burn it into my memory. Raccoon was so brave, falling and getting up, mud in his eyes, on his face and covering his hands. Delight. It was cold, of course I was worried he'd get sick, but it was a moment that we both let everything go. Just to be. Pure joy.


Today is December 1st. As 2012 is winding down, I have chosen a new word for this month:

CELEBRATE.

If you'd like to see more pictures of our November good times, check out my monthly post in the "Moments to Remember" series on my homeschool blog.





No comments:

Post a Comment