Monday, January 4, 2016

Word of the Year 2016: LEAN

Three goals summed up into one word

LEAN body

LEAN finances

LEAN on the Lord


Furloughs are tough times with joyous sparks every now and then. Today was one of those days. Church where my dad is pastoring, then an afternoon at the beach. La playa! Not warm like ours, but that smell, the sound of waves, that is the same the world over. I am grateful for today's refreshing beauty. And I am grateful for this extraordinary life we lead.

Raccoon goes back to school today. All I can think about is his time at school ticking down. We leave for the East Coast mid-February. We are about to disrupt our children's lives once again. Our lives. Schedules and food and beds and all the little things that make up an ordinary life. It is enough to overwhelm me at times.

Lean.

Lean.

God has this under control.

Maybe my new word should be breathe. :)

I took some time (maybe last year's words did help!) to look back at my previous WOTYs, starting in 2012, listed below. I feel happy that I have chosen a WOTY ever since starting this blog. Yay me! I often am more of a starter than a finisher when it comes to projects. So here they are, in chronological order:

DO IT NOW

PEACE

SURRENDER

TAKE TIME

LEAN

No comments:

Post a Comment