Monday, June 2, 2014

What I lost and found

Somewhere along the way, I switched from planting pansies to geraniums, partly because of availability, but mostly because of survivability. I was tired of failing in my life, and wanted a hardy plant that I could not kill, so geraniums it was.

Fear of failure has impacted more than just my limited gardening. For years I have avoided taking on tasks that I might not do well. As you can imagine, this isn't a very satisfying way to live. I have decided to take some risks in these next few months, to try to do better some things that I have, up until now, routinely failed doing well. I think it's time for a change. Viva la pansy!!! Ha ha.

Speaking of my pansies, they are perhaps hardier than I originally thought. I forgot to water them and found them lying flat on the ground, apparently dead. I watered them just in case, and later that day they were miraculously recovered to their former beauty. This is what I want in my life, hardiness and resilience.


No comments:

Post a Comment