Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm sorry that I have been mostly absent this month. We are returning overseas on February 4th and I am doing my best just to stay sane and keep my children alive happy until we leave.

Add to this mix that I have given up chocolate for the 31 days of January. Not that I'm counting or anything...

Okay, yes I am counting the minutes hours days and I have 17 to go.

I plan to bake up a whole batch of chocolate chip cookies and take them with us on our trip, three weeks from today. I can rarely count on my son eating anything when we're travelling, but I'm hoping that at least he'll down a cookie or two. Not the most healthy alternative, but with a corn-allergic son, I'll take just about any calories I can get him to eat.

All this is to say that I'm not a foodie. I don't browse for recipes or look at pictures of food. But I do scan Yahoo! News every now and then. I couldn't resist an article called "Perfect Cookie Recipe" with a picture of chocolate chip cookies. I have to substitute oil for butter since we don't eat that, but I plan on trying this recipe when I break my chocolate fast. Or maybe this Cookie Dough Dip using the the Deep Dish Cookie Pie recipe since we don't do nuts or milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment