Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Superpowers

Which superpower would I like best?

Hmmmmm...

Do heroes with super-strength ever feel tired? That is one of my predominant struggles lately, poor sleep which leads to overeating to perk myself up, which leads to weight gain, and lower self-esteem. But I wouldn't want to worry about squishing Raccoon when I give him hugs. On to the next option.

Super-speed... I'm liking the thought of this one. House cleaning done in a few minutes. Check. Errands done? Check. Quick field trips and save on airfare? I'm in. I'm trying to think of a downside but don't immediately see one. But perhaps there is a better option.

Downloadable new skills, like Trinity from the Matrix. Plug me in and insta-chef or pilot or knitting or kung-fu. Could definitely be handy.

But no, I think I'll stick with super-speed. More time... perhaps the desire of all mothers. I had a thought today as I watched Raccoon unpack our tool shed and meticulously lay out all his "treasures" on our back patio: the 0-5 years are perhaps the most frustrating for parents, but at the same time, experts agree that those are the most important years during which the foundations for life are built. So tomorrow when I'm cleaning up the gazillionth mess and reading Raccoon's favorite book for the umpteenth time, I'll remind myself that these are the years that matter, super-speed or not.

1 comment:

  1. I tried to respond to your comment, but couldn't get it to work...however, I have to thank you, thank you for your prayers and tell you we have a girl name should she turn out to be a girl...Molly Jane. Were you close??? :)

    ReplyDelete