Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A Grandmother's Love

I found out yesterday that my grandmother passed away. She was my favorite, the one I called Grammie. She had the most amazing house, and she knew how to make my brother and my visit's special (donuts for breakfast, way to go Grammie!). She also taught me to cross-stitch and Canasta, things I would like to pick up again at some point ...when Raccoon goes off to college maybe. Her health steadily declined over time, and the Grammie at the end was a different woman than the Grammie of my childhood, but I still loved her dearly. I spent some time with her in 2010, and she got to meet my son, which was so important to me.

As I've mentioned, I was thinking of a trip in March... which is still on the table for the memorial service perhaps. I am thankful that eight years ago, I recorded some video of her and my Grampie, just doing everyday things like chatting and crossword puzzles. By some miracle, I knew exactly where it was today, when I wanted the comfort of her voice (she use to call me sweetheart) and to "see" her one more time. I miss you, Grammie, and can't wait to see you again someday. I will keep an eye on Grampie for you, as much as I can from far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment