Saturday, October 6, 2012

Laughs

When my son only sleeps from 1:30 am to 6:30 am and wakes up ready to go, I compose ads in my head to amuse myself (remember, I've only had 5 hours of sleep!):

"Three year old alarm clock, willing to lend out for a few days. Very reliable. Setting stuck at 6:30 am. Slight whine. If anyone knows how to reset time to past 8 am, please advise."

Laughing definitely helps me cope, and exhaustion makes barely funny things hilarious to me, which I look at as a perk. Some of my favorite laughs lately have come from:

Fashion critiques from The QC Report, September and October, complete with illustrations from a popular magazine (check out October's monkey smuggling look, priceless). I have to read these when I am by myself because I laugh so hard that it scares my son, poor little man, he's never seen his mama so crazy.

Some "before" posts from Won't I Be Surprised When... especially My Body, Next on Animal Planet and Things that are never socially exceptable to say to a pregnant woman (Part 1). Then if you've been laughing too hard and need a little melancholy to bring you back to center, you can read her What to Remember post with an essay by Anna Quindlen on how fast kids grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment