Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Adoption Stories

Reading all the stories of these families who are adopting, I can't help but tear up. I posted before about some children from Bulgaria, and three of them (Carson, Theodore, and Thad) will hopefully be going home with two of these families who are fundraising. As Adeye says, not everyone is called to adopt, but we can all help by praying, contributing financially, or spreading awareness.

It just so happens that Raccoon and I are going to an orphanage tomorrow, which I mentioned to him in passing this morning (I used to work there so he's been before). Later on, he found some paper money and told his stuffed friends, "You can't have any money, it's for the kids in the orphanage. They are poor and don't have any clothes or food or toys." I wish that the paper money was real and we could give it away. I still wonder if adoption is in our future, but for now, all I can do is pray for each of these families that they will be together soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment