Saturday, November 26, 2011

Moms

"My mom reminds me what is possible, what is important, and what I need to do to give my son the world's best opportunities." Quote from a blog called In Particular.

As you can probably tell if you've read much of my blog, I love quotes. I think I got this from my mom, who also likes to collect bits and pieces from her extensive reading. Although my husband and I don't really celebrate Thanksgiving (we live outside the U.S.), it is good to appreciate what I have. I am grateful for many things, but reading this quote reminded me of how thankful I am to have a supportive mom.

Raccoon is actually my fourth child, although I no longer have the first three. My first daughter was born in 2005, came to us in 2006, and died in 2007. She had severe special needs, and my mom was with me through all the doctor visits, therapies, and the eventual despair when we realized she wouldn't be getting better. My next two daughters were in foster care with us for a year and a half before they were adopted. Raccoon is my first biological son, but not my first child. And my mom has been there through it all, encouraging me and helping me to go just a little bit further each time. And I am so very thankful for that. Thanks, Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment