Tuesday, March 20, 2012

The Stubborn Child

I've seen this blog post mentioned in several different places, and especially liked this:

"Remember, the things that might aggravate you about your child today, might be the very things when matured that make them great for God’s kingdom tomorrow."

Why do I chose to confront Raccoon over very few things? Because I know he'll win. I need a strategic plan if I'm going to triumph. Apparently I should have studied to be a general in order to manage my troop of one. I have a strong will, but his is... impressive. If I wasn't his mother, I would probably laugh and wish all those who stand in his way good luck. But I am his mother and have been given the task of shaping this monster-will into a man of discipline and faith who loves God, all without breaking his spirit in the process. I'm glad the Lord felt that I was up to the task, because most days I just feel lost and wonder where to begin. Pray, pray, pray - that is my leading strategy for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment