Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Thinking About Lent

My internet accidentally got disconnected for a week, but it turned out to be a blessing in disguise. I am back on tonight, but as I checked my favorite sites, I realized that I didn't really miss that much. Lent is coming up and I try to give up something each year, to remind myself of all that Jesus sacrificed by coming to earth and dying for us. This year I am thinking about only using the internet/computer when it's dark outside, sort of like fasting during the day. My goal is to have more time for reflection and to be more focused on Raccoon. I started today since I knew the internet would be hooked up around 4 pm. I have been using my computer this week, so leaving it off today was nice. We played more and did some things we haven't done in a while. We also watched a lot less TV. Hooray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment