Sunday, February 19, 2012

Mirror Time

As I've mentioned before, Raccoon has been intense since the moment he was born, so leisure time for myself has been unheard of until just recently. I finally broke down a few weeks ago and told my husband I needed some "me time" or I was going to burn out completely. I love Raccoon and I would not exchange my stay-at-home role for anything, but that does not mean that I am indestructable.

Anyway, as a result of that, I found myself sitting in a small beauty salon, getting a hair cut. It seemed so odd to be doing nothing but staring at myself in the mirror for almost an hour (I like the cut but she was very slooooow.)  I'm turning thirty this year and I don't think I've really studied my face in the mirror since adolescence. For the last two years especially, a quick glance to make sure I don't have anything embarrassing on my face is about all the mirror time I've had. The first thing I thought as I looked at myself was, "I look old, who is this person?!" Wish it'd been deeper than that, but there it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment