Monday, January 6, 2014

New Word of the Year 2014: SANCTUARY

Cherish just isn't resonating with me.

As with many other decisions I'm facing right now, I feel strangely ambiguous about it all. The word that has been coming to mind during this last week is sanctuary. If you've ever watched this scene in Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, that's exactly what I'm talking about.

I do want to cherish my loved ones this year, especially my children, but I think what they need more from me is sanctuary. A space apart from the turbulence of our lives just to be. A place where they are cherished, accepted, at peace, and protected. There are many changes coming this year, as always in our eventful lives it seems. Last year it was peace, and this year I am craving more space in my life, for the holy and the mundane.

So along with all those other pseudo-rules, I am going to break this one and change my word of the year, one week in.

No comments:

Post a Comment