Thursday, January 10, 2013

Pondering: Pregnancy

My pregnancies have been very different, mostly because of how my life has changed from then to now. I don't have as much time to sit around and ponder my large belly this time around, so I feel like having a baby in a few weeks is going to be a shock. I look at the baby stuff and feel like I'm a little girl playing house. I just can't seem to wrap my mind around the fact that our time as a family of three is almost up. After thinking about this, I decided that it's due to several key differences in my pregnancies:

#1                                                                              
I didn't have much to do except wait                        
so I noticed everything.                                         
I don't think I bent over once.                                   
Each day crawled by but                                                 
I don't remember feeling very tired                          
because I slept/rested whenever I felt like it.            

#2
I am chasing after a 3 yr old
so I don't notice anything, except that
it's hard to bend over and sit on the floor.
The days go by on fast forward.
Sleep? I used to know what that was, a long time ago, now
resting = sitting down to some afternoon cartoons.

I think, I can't possibly be at the end of this pregnancy, it's only been like 6 months, right? Nope. My adjusted count is 37 weeks, the original one is 39 on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment