Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Simple Luxuries 2023

 Right now, to BE this means:

2/23/2023

Prepackaged Nutella (hallelujah!)

2/22

Ordering an extra uniform and team sweatshirt for my son (13) so I'm not worried about laundry and spills on travel weekends ($175 for 6 months).

Investing in good tech (price unknown) and extra chargers ($40 each).

Getting my daughter (10) a practice uniform and a team uniform ($40) for her gymnastics.

Treating myself to a seasonal helium balloon once a month ($1.25).

Buying the fancy soaps at Ross and from my handmade donkey soap source ($8).

Buying myself nice sweatshirts ($40).


I come from a background with a $10 personal spending limit. It's been $10 for years, maybe $20, a month, occasionally$100. Now it's not and I'm having trouble growing, so I'm documenting it here. This list is to remember where I'm at, and also to keep track of the kind of things I find worthwhile to invest in. This is also my gratitude list, that we can do these things now. I remember my mom buying me the nice shampoo in high school, and I was always grateful for that. And taking me to horseback riding lessons. And paying for my Galapagos trip with AP Bio.


No one reads my blog, and yet I still find myself hesitant to hit publish. Well, here goes. My contribution to the honest money talks (not sure if it's a thing, but I've seen articles about salary transparency lately, so I made this category up).



No comments:

Post a Comment