Monday, February 25, 2013

One Day

Yesterday was a complete failure. Raccoon ate every. single. thing he's allergic to and didn't take a nap. I set a frying pan with fish in it on fire, while holding Robin (I know, I know). I managed to watch them both for a few hours while my husband was out, but only because Robin slept through most of it. In the evening, I was searching for some feeling of motherhood success when I realized that I hadn't changed her diaper all. day. long. Thank you, Lord, for Desitin diaper rash cream, it saved both our butts.

Today has been a much better day. Robin is back to her normal sleeping schedule (3 hour naps at a time) and Raccoon has been unusually happy, playing by himself for over half an hour. Angels were singing somewhere, I'm sure of it. Raccoon's pleasant mood and willingness to entertain himself may have been due to the numerous Reese's Peanut Butter cups he consumed this morning (I know, I know), but whatever the reason, I am celebrating.

What a difference a day can make.

No comments:

Post a Comment