Friday, August 10, 2012

Foody Friday

No, I'm not going to offer recipes as I am anything but a good cook. :) My goal is rather to track food/feeding ideas that work(ed) with my son's sensitivities. Food is a tough area for us and I suspect that eating enough/not enough is directly related to my son's moods and meltdowns. One of our main problems is that his food preferences (which are fairly limited anyway) change often. One week, the banana is king and becomes my go-to move. Then for the next month, poor banana can't even get into the castle. Today, I want to share a few things that have worked at least once.

*Grated carrot (carrot sticks worked for awhile too). I give it to him raw or add some to whatever soup I'm making that day.

*Leaving snacks out on his table. At the end of particularly hard days, I just put a selection of fruit, bread, crackers, or whatever I have handy, along with juice and water on his litte table in our living room (we have tile floors, not carpet, thankfully). At some point during his evening play, he'll often wander over to take a few bites here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment