Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Rebuilding Peace

During these last few days of allergy turmoil and discouragement, I completely forgot my WOTY - peace. Tonight I got several good reminders from a Friend.

Ezra 6:14 NIV

So the elders of the Jews continued to build and prosper under the preaching of Haggai the prophet and Zechariah, a descendant of Iddo. They finished building the temple according to the command of the God of Israel and the decrees of Cyrus, Darius and Artaxerxes, kings of Persia.

The Israelites (Jews) had been taken captive and the temple built by Solomon in Jerusalem was destroyed. Then Cyrus allowed them to return to Israel to rebuild. But there was so much opposition that they got discouraged and stopped for more than a decade. The two prophets, Haggai and Zechariah, encouraged them to finish the temple, so the people began to build again. The non-Jewish leaders of the region wrote a letter of complaint to the current man in power, Darius, but it back-fired. Darius ordered them to not only let the Israelites rebuild, but to pay for the temple from government money!

This story speaks to me because although there are many things discouraging our family right now (especially Raccoon's health struggles), God will provide the materials and encouragement we need to continue on until the job is done.

I've also been worried about how we're going to fulfill all of the visits we need to make while we are here in the U.S. while managing Raccoon's food allergies. Then I happened to stop by my favorite online Bible and saw Bible Gateway's verse of the day:

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10 NIV

Although I'm not quite sure how it will all work out, I do feel more at peace. Tomorrow we have more tests to go through with Raccoon, then hopefully we will have some answers.


No comments:

Post a Comment