Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Dear Peanut Butter

How I've missed you.
Love,
An Allergy Mom


With Raccoon having most of the other major food allergies out there, I figured "Why risk giving him peanut butter?" Since I was nursing, this meant me too. Last year when we visited the States, I gave him his first taste at two and a half years old. I figured if he was going to have a reaction, it was better for it to happen in a country with a working ambulance service. No reaction.

I couldn't really believe I had any luck in the food department with my son so I waited another year, until yesterday. He'd heard of peanut butter on a cartoon and wanted to try it. So just days shy of him being 3 and a half, I made him his first peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He ate about a fourth of it with me carefully watching him. Everything was okay, so I had a slice of bread with peanut butter too.

Google does not have a definitive answer on nursing moms and peanut butter, so it won't be a regular thing for me. But bide your time pb, you and I will meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment