Saturday, July 21, 2012

Dear Raccoon

You have made some major developmental leaps lately, and every time I look at you my heart swells with pride. You are making the final transitions from toddler to little boy - pottying, sleeping, eating, the things you say... you are amazing. Over and over again I have seen how you do things in your own time. When you are ready, that's that. But if you're not, there is nothing on earth that will persuade you otherwise. Keep going at your own pace, little man, it's okay if the world doesn't get it. I'll try to give you as much space as I can to do your own thing for as long as I can. I am so glad that I didn't get pregnant before. You've needed every minute of these three wonderful, intense, precious, crazy, and exhausting (for me!) years that we've had, just you and me. I feel a growing certainty that you will be ready by the time the baby comes. Ready to give a little more and get a little less. Ready to be a big brother.
I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment