Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Duck Days are Back Again

Four ducklings and two chicks have now survived one week in their new pen, the Fortress. We skipped the mesh this time and just made it all out of wood. Kitty and I spent most of the day outside since Raccoon was off at work with the King. Our little half-acre is turning into quite the pretty place, despite little rain this year.


At dusk, Kitty and I sat outside, just resting after our busy day. Kora, our new puppy, snuggled up with Kitty and fell asleep. We only kept one of the twelve puppies, and more by accident than on purpose. There just wasn't anyone who wanted her. So now we have six dogs. And life marches on, quietly, peacefully for the moment.

I wrote a novel. Then I decided it was junk and I needed to start over. But now that I've been thinking about it for awhile, I think maybe I can make something of it after all. So this Lent season, I will be working on that instead of watching Netflix.


No comments:

Post a Comment