Monday, April 28, 2014

April is my month of reckoning

Don't ask me why because there are no big dates in April (births, deaths, losses, etc), but each year it seems to be the month when I can't sleep at night and spend the time instead going over all my past failures and regrets. I know it regularly happens in April because I inevitably end up in my Bible looking for hope, rereading the promises the Lord has given me during the dark times. Then on the edges I see the dates and the prayers - April 2009, April 2011, April 2012, April 2013, and not surprisingly, April 2014. I was too sleep-deprived in April 2010 (Raccoon was 6 months old and waking up 6 times a night at least) to record anything.

Why April? It seems like it should just be an ordinary month. I will breathe a sigh of relief when it's May.

No comments:

Post a Comment