Monday, September 23, 2013

Still Allowed

"To invent your own life's meaning is not easy, but it's still allowed, and I think you'll be happier for the trouble." - Bill Watterson

"Getting lost will help you find yourself." from the Holstee Manifesto

It has been a quiet evening after a long couple of Goldilocks days, due to some corny food consumed by Racoon on Friday. I have so many post ideas, but every time I sit down to the computer, I hear a little voice say, "Mommy, can I have some food?" (like just now) or simply screams of frustration from either one of my children, although more often than not it's Raccoon.

Off I go to make him some supper, or whatever a meal at 10:30 pm is called. We are on the upward spiral after a rough few days, and I am thankful. Today is my husband's second to last day of working the night shift, which also makes me grateful. We have two weeks of family time before I will be a solo parent for two weeks. Christmas is coming. All of these things make me smile (except for the solo parent thing, that still has me worried), when I have a quiet moment to think of them.

In the midst of coping day-to-day, this is also a period of upheaval and re-evaluation for our family as we consider our plans, hopes, and dreams for the next three years upon our return to South America.

Invent a life that has meaning for me. I hope I can do this, and teach my children to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment